What is the most dangerous animal in the world?
At the top of our list of “the most dangerous animals in the world” we have Mosquitos which causes 2-3 million deaths a year . Then comes venomous snakes which costs between 50,000-125,000 lives each year
Surprisingly; the mosquito,world’s most dangerous animal, is not the largest, strongest or the most frightful one but it strikes between 2-3 million deaths a year. Below you can find the list of the 10 most dangerous animals in the world. We hear lots of shark and lion attack from the press so our perception direct us to particularly huge and wild animals but statistics provide some surprising results.
If you are living in Africa, South America or Asia you are more vulnarable to animal attacks than those who are living in Europe.
Below you can see a list of the 10 most dangerous animals in the world. The list is based on the number of deaths caused by those animals.
The world’s most dangerous animal – Top 10
10. Sharks: Sharks account for many of us as one of the most feared and dangerous animals. The cruel king of the sea is a bloodthirsty killer and especially the big white shark kills more people every year.
Causes approximately 100 deaths a year.
9. Jellyfish: They certainly do not look very dangerous, but in fact, Jellyfish kill about the same number of people as sharks do. Their tentacles are extremely toxic and can easily cause an unfortunate death. Thus, the jellyfish is a silent killer.
Causes approximately 100 deaths a year.
8. Hippos: Although it looks big, lumpy and quite harmless, the hippo is one of the world’s most dangerous animals. The thick-skin mammal is incredibly aggressive. Despite its huge body weight, the hippopotamus can actually run up to 50 km/h, which is quite faster than humans. Additionally, their big gabs and powerful jaws are more than enough to kill a human being.
Causes 100-150 deaths a year.
7. Elephants: Another animal on the list seems both joyful and good-natured, but do not be fooled. Even tame elephants can suddenly feel threatened, which costs a hundreds of peoples lives every year. Even elephants in zoos can suddenly go crazy and kill the zookeepers who have looked after them for years.
Causes 300-500 deaths a year.
6. Crocodiles: Crocodiles are dangerous and demonic animals as they are really wild in the water and on the land surface. All the day they quietly wait for their preys wait like soldiers preparing for an ambush. Crocodiles try to draw their prey into the water and then splits it apart with their jaws that have really strong bite force on the earth.
Causes 600-800 deaths a year.
5. Large cats: In this category you will find both lions, tigers and other big cats who kill around 800 people each year. It is not surprising that the smooth and lightning hunters are fatal to humans. Every year, encountering with these dangerous animal costs hundreds of human lives in Africa, Asia and North America.
Causes approximately 800 deaths a year.
4. Scorpions: Number four on the list we have Scorpion which actually belongs to the spiders family. with, among others, spiders, meadows and mites. The little but very dangerous animals are afraid of the spicy poison loaf that is constantly hanging over their backs – ready to paralyze their swapping. There are around 1500 scorpion species in the world and about 150 of these are dangerous to humans.
Causes approximately 800-2,000 deaths a year.
3. Dogs: Surprisingly, humans best friend is the third most dangerous animal in the world. Not because dog attacks cost many people life, but because our favorite pets can carry on the rabies virus. This virus can be transmitted to humans in case of contact with infected dogs’ saliva. Every year about 35,000 people die of rabies worldwide, and according to WHO, 99 percent of these deaths are caused by dogs.
Causes approximately 35,000 deaths a year.
2. Snakes: Snakes are the 2nd most dangerous animal in the world. There are more than 250 different families of venomous sanakes around the world. Venomous snakes mostly seen in Africa, America and Asia. In that regions thousands of people die every year because of poisonous snake bites. The aggressive and dangerous snakes can easily be hidden in nature, and once discovered, it is often too late.
Causes 50,000-125,000 deaths a year
1. Mosquito: Paradoxically, the smallest animal on the list is the biggest killer. Mosquito is the world’s most dangerous animal. There are over 3500 various species of mosquito, and while some only bite for defense, some other species attack people as part of their way of life. Mosquitos cost between two to three million lives a year – particularly in the continents; Africa, Asia and America. The violent death rate is due to the fact that several mosquitoes transmit fatal diseases such as malaria and dengue fever.
Causes two to three million deaths a year.
You may also love to read: How to get rid of mosquito bites